Saturday, February 27, 2010

In A Bar - acting animation

Hello again, i have done my acting animation, the last animation im gonna do before i compile my new demoreel for 2009/2010.(im still gonna do more, but just for this demoreel is the last)

I should show you my POLISHED first, then i show my progress of how i did it

In A Bar - polished from andrew tan on Vimeo.


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Blocking

In A Bar - blocking from andrew tan on Vimeo.




Before i did the Blocking, i recorded myself acting out the shot, i re-recorded it a few times, because i had a hard time feeling the character, i even tried putting on a dress shirt, so that i would feel more like the character(which actually helps). I also found that it's best to act out the shot without lipsyncing to the audio, because theres too many stuff to focus on, cause you have to remember the poses that you gonna do, and you have to listen to the audio making sure the timing is right. Your body tends to do little subconscious movements when you're listening.

So instead, i act out the scene myself, i listen to it over and over and over, until i memorized all the lines and got myself use to the timing. I realised that when you act out without the audio, you can find new poses and subtle movements that you can add in(in my case, was that nose rub).

I read the article about acting out your lipsync in 11 second club